Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Not That Motivated

I’m selling my boat. I’ve been quite fond of it, and spent many a happy hour drifting around not catching fish. Nevertheless, I just don’t use it enough anymore. (If you’re interested, the ad is HERE.)

Shortly after I posted the ad I got a text from some guy asking me to email his dad at a gmail address. I sent the email and got a response.

So He Said:
First and foremost, I would like to introduce myself being in the military. My name is XXX, I serve for the United States Army (SGT E-5), I am currently not in town at the moment as I am at the base and we are not allowed to make or receive calls frequently as phones communication are restricted but we do have internet access and that is our major means of communication to the outside world. So let’s get back to business!
I'm purchasing it for my brother as a birthday gift and he's not aware of me doing this because am making it a surprise. So can you assure me I won't be disappointed buying this from you? Also, I do have a few questions I would love to ask you about it.
(He then proceeds to list a handful of questions)

Looking forward to read back from you and I hope you can respond and answer my questions appropriately in your next e-mail?

Respectfully,
SGT E-5 XXX

And I Said:

Sgt. XXX:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a retired criminal fraud investigator and licensed/practicing attorney in North Carolina. As for your questions, most of the relevant information is in the ad. Perhaps the question most likely to inform your desire to proceed is, “Do you have a verified account with PayPal?” 

It doesn’t matter. I will only sell this boat in a face-to-face cash transaction, in a bank, where the buyer hands me the cash and provides the notary with proper identification for transfer of title. Please feel free to let me know if this fails to address most of your concerns. 

Regards, Tom Cadwallader, Esq.

And Then He Said:

Thanks for the understanding and swift response,

I Really Appreciate Your Response. I would have Loved to Pay You an Upfront Cash Payment or Face to Face deal, but I would Urge You to Understand that PayPal is all I have got Left for this Transaction.Kindly bear with me as i will Deposit your Funds and you will have your cash before pick up arrangement kindly let me know if you are okay with this

I do appreciate the way you answered my questions!. I'm satisfied with it's condition and i believe i wont be disappointed I want you to know am serious in purchasing it and am sure he's gonna love and enjoy it more than you did. My mode of payment is PayPal since i have no access to my bank account online, but have it attached to my PayPal account. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, I will be responsible for all the PayPal fees/charges concerning this transaction, as i would be well pleased getting your feedback with all paypal information as listed below

I look forward hearing from you with your PayPal information as requested below.

PayPal e-Mail Address:
PayPal Account User Name:
Firm Price:
Home Address/ Pickup location Info:
Cell Phone#:

I am ready to purchase it, so you can take the add off Craigslist and consider it sold to me and its new owner which is my brother. PayPal is just like paying into bank account. It takes a minutes to get an account with them. Just go to www.paypal.com and create a personal account with them. Keep me updated once the registration is completed so I can walk you through the next steps.

Best Regards

And Then I Said:

I’m sorry. You misunderstood me. What I said was, “Fuck You.” Cheers, T.

No comments: